Ford Racing has just announced details and pricing for the 2014 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet. The last NHRA Stock and Super Stock vehicle based on the current generation pony comes with new updates and a couple of custom colors “Gotta Have It Green” and a Cobra Jet-exclusive “Flat Black”. The 2014 Cobra Jet will be limited to a production run of 50 units. The car is available for order now through Ford dealers with actual production expected to take place from July to October 2013. Availability is first-come, first-served, and all orders after the first 50 will be given priority placement on future Cobra Jet builds.
2014 Cobra Jet features:
* 5.0L TiVCT engine: Supercharged — Ford Racing/Whipple 2.9L supercharger w/3.25” pulley, fully CNC-ported heads
* Lightened body assembly optimized for weight distribution
* Electric power steering – all the assist with no parasitic loss
* Rollcage optimized for rigidity and safety through finite element analysis (FEA)
* Recaro FIA race seats
* Ford Racing suspension geometry for optimum 60′ times – derived from computer modeling and hundreds of 1/4-mile runs
* Off-road only, race prepped, and turn-key for NHRA Stock or Super Stock and other racing series
* Limited Production — ONLY 50 UNITS WILL BE PRODUCED!
* Exclusive Cobra Jet content and serialized for collectability
2014 Ford Cobra Jet Pricing:
MSRP is $97,990 plus optional paint and graphics.
Availability is first-come, first-serve, so be sure to hurry if you’re looking to race one of these Mustangs. Ford says the Mustang Cobra Jet is a record holder in more Stock and Super Stock classes through last season than any other model.
2014 Ford Cobra Jet Paint Schemes: